Love

Love

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Week 13 in Review: Rollie is officially three months old!

Happy Three Month, Baby Boy! Momma loves you so much and is so excited for you to be three months old.





  • He isn't interested in rolling over really anymore but is totally capable. 
  • He smiles at ma and daddio every chance he gets. 
  • He loves to stand up ALL THE TIME and walk about with us when he feels like it (and when the flooring feels right). 
  • Tummy time is boring for him so I am trying to find things to entertain him while he is on his belly. Any ideas? 
  • He grabs onto his hair with a death grip while in his swing (BTW, he loves his swing) and hold all things cotton whether it is his shirt, my shirt, the burp cloth while feeding... he just really loves to hold onto cloth.
  • He LOVES to watch his hands as they move. It is quite precious. 
I would say our favorite facial expression that we both enjoy is when he gets a lil shy and stuffs his face into one side of his neck and gives out a huge face-smooshing grin. Oh. Heavens. Just the sweetest.


Momma had a melt down last Thursday and cried to Caleb to come home ASAP as I was losing my marbles at home. He literally sped home and ran inside only to find Rollie drinking his bottle and humming to the sound of his life. Did I feel foolish? Obviously. The thing about it is, when a baby cries all the live long day because he cannot take naps, this momma is out of her whits end. She feels defeated and alone in these times. I really learned a lot from that melt down and I am SO thankful to have Caleb to rescue me in those times. I learned that I am not a perfect mom that is going to get it right every time and that my baby needs flexibility in his life in order to really pull through. Rollie is my favorite lil boy by far and all I want of him is his happy self and when naps tell him different, I just feel very sad for him.

Since Thursday, Rollie didn't do super well on the weekend but has had an 1-3 hour nap each day this week. I am learning that Rollie does better without TONS of face-to-face time and LESS time awake. He may be my sleepy baby but if he can only endure 45 min wake times, then so be it. He will get to 1-2 hours eventually. Moms gotta do what their babies need and not what the books are saying to do sometimes. Am I right?

This family does not have a ton to update on. I had a second interview at a business that I REALLY want to be apart of so please pray that they choose me. I will know by the next time I am writing this blog so stay tuned. I did turn down a different job today that I feel selfish for doing. I just did not like the job and if I have to leave Rollie at a sitters then I want to go to a job that is worth it. This job was just going to pay the bills and not be something I would enjoy. It is what it is but I think I was supposed to deny the position, I think.

To end, here is our cute lil boy just being cute. You are welcome.

We tried a paci over the weekend, no success.
Too much work to keep that thing in!

Diggin the swing

Storytime with Dad.

Big boy sitting in a big boy chair

Just happy times for this one.

1 comment:

  1. That is one cute boy! I love hearing the new momma joys and struggles that you're living through. Your descriptive words make me feel like I can just picture the moments. Thanks for sharing! I had to laugh out loud at the death grip on his own hair comment! haha!

    ReplyDelete