Love

Love

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Week 10 in Review: Winter Fest & 2-Month Dr Appt

Hello to all who take the time to be curious about my life. I feel like this gets boring but I think each week that I will enjoy looking back and reminiscing about Rollie's first year of life.

Wausau had it's 5th annual Winter Fest this past weekend and the weather was so beautiful. We went for a very long walk on Friday with Rollie tucked into his cute lil snow suit that he was gifted. He is such a lil ham in that thing!

On Saturday, there was hot cocoa to share, mac & cheese contest to indulge in, a snow hill for the kiddos, owls to observe, and even curling, snowbike, and dog-pull demonstrations.




We took it for what it was and the hour of entertainment it gave us and then returned home for a quiet weekend.

On Monday, it was my dad's birthday so I went ahead and baked a cherry pie for him (his fave) and remembered the good of a man I was able to call my dad for 19 years. Blessed.

On Tuesday, I started yoga for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was tough but very relaxing. I didn't remember how peaceful my mind and life was without my lil guy and I love going back to that place for 30 minutes three times a week. I love my boys but sometimes they take up all my mind and thoughts. It can be called my me time.



On Wednesday, Rollie was brave and went to the pediatrician's for his shots and check-up. Peeps, he was bright-eyed and cheerful all the way up until the shots. He is a tiny boy (40th percentile) other than his head circumference which is in the 90th percentile. We will take a tiny boy as long as he is healthy and happy as he is. He has surpassed expectations for holding his head up while on his belly and wouldn't stop rolling over as the doctor tried to keep him on his belly. He is a persistent boy with the rolling from belly to back. He does still have a good amount of his cradle cap which looks a lil nasty but he could care less so I will just keep taking it off his face and leaving under all his hair. So the shots... they asked Caleb to hold Rollie's hands while he laid on his back. The nurses counted to three as Rollie cooed at his dad and suddenly... he was poked, his face went to stunned, his face turned deep red, he preceded to wail very loud, and was unconsolable for the next 5 minutes. He felt betrayed his father and abandoned by his mother so the ride home from the clinic was a little aggressive as he told us how disappointed he was in what we did to him. When we arrived home, he wanted nothing else but to sleep so I just woke him to give him a bottle and that was all. He wanted nothing to do with his normal life of happiness and just wanted to be left alone. We did manage to get one smile from him before he went to bed for the night and we literally squealed and high-fived eachother because we just were so excited our boy was coming out of his pitiful stage of life and back to our happy boy. He slept for 6 hours that night and woke with a new perspective on life.



Jesus is good to us and we are so happy Rollie is back to his ol' self.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the newsy update, Laura. I want to be there and share the fun. That is an awesome Eddie Bauer zip bag! Reminds me of our blue one back in the day. Rollie looks a lot like his cousin Miles in that last photo.

    ReplyDelete