Love

Love

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Week 12 in Review: Last Minute Wis Dells Visit & Valentine's Day Bliss

Well Rollie is officially 12 weeks old but will have to wait for his 3 months pics until next week due to the 24th being his actual celebratory day. Time has flown with him being my lil sidekick at home all week.

This kid loves when his father gets home and seems to give dad his last bit of happiness for the day. Naps are seldom more than 45 minutes and this lil momma cannot figure out what to do to make those things longer! What a little equation to figure out for him. He sleeps 10 hours exactly every night regardless of the time we put him down. It only fluctuates by a hour give or take but this kid is a champ night sleeper. I so know he needs the naps because he gets mighty grumpy when he doesn't get naps.
This man should be sleeping but alas, wide eyed.

ISU game was on TV so Rollie was able to watch
TV with dad.

The weather has been tolerable so we went for a run
in the sun.

Sometimes he just chills like this
and is content. Good mom? Bad mom?

Just a whole-fist type of man we have. Yummy.

I sat down with the lady from my church that will be taking care of my lil one and I feel do relieved to 1) have found someone I can trust and loves Jesus and 2) know I can go back to work without needing to make a large downpayment on a facility. I met her at a mom's group that I go to every Tuesday and she just offered without me asking which was something that I asked God to help me with as I know only a couple people here so I was seeking blindly. Big Blessing!

Going back to work... I have a second interview at an engineering firm being an assistant and also have a solid lead on a client representative position in the area. I am very hopeful for them both and am eager to help Caleb pay the bills once again.

Valentine's Day was simple but great. We went out for lunch to Caleb's favorite restaurant here, Red Eye Brewing Co., and enjoyed a peaceful lunch as Rollie slept in my arms like a champ. This is the fourth time that he has fallen asleep in my arms and he is just the cutest sleeper ever, personas. It took a lot within me to not just kiss his forehead over and over again. I received a new cardigan and Caleb received some new beer essentials from me. We were simple but thoughtful this year, just the way it should be.

On Sunday, I made a trip with just Rollie to Wis Dells to pay my last respects to my childhood pastor, Dennis Schueler. That man did more for the community than a lot of people knew before he passed and he will surely be missed by hundreds. It was great to see my mom and go with her and my childhood friend, Patrick, to see those that we haven't seen in a very long time. Just a great bunch of folks that made it out to Pastor's celebration service. My mom and I had the night before to catch up a little bit and to play with Rollie but it is never long enough time when I am with my mom. She is the best person I have ever met and I truly cherish her and her presence.
We tried out the rock and play again.
He does not love it. Ha!

Happiness at the Dells Condo

Mom and Rollie. Presh.

Four Generations. Unbelievable!

Other than that... we are up to just the basics. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment