Love

Love

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Northern WI in Fall, A Beaut

I made it. I made it in the car for the two hour stints. Last week, I was celebrating 6 hours one way and this past weekend I struggled with 2 hours one way. This body is an aching machine and I get so incredibly uncomfortable. Enough about the trying times of Laura.


We went to the cabin this past weekend and it was so fun for us. We hiked some trails in parks and in the woods out back as well as going fishing for a lil.






No fish but it was a relaxing weekend for sure. We tried out the new restaurant that reopened in town for fish fry and it was actually quite good. We made specialty s'mores with Reeses and Cookies n' Cream Hershey's. The latter was gross but the first was SO delicious.



The colors were so perfect last weekend and it was like a painting everywhere we looked. Bear season was over and it was only bow hunting so it was peaceful and non-eventful, well except for when we arrived.


The car battery died when we got to the cabin because of 5 minutes of the battery solely being on. This equals we need a new battery. The initial fright of being a mile from the nearest actual road and me being um, well, pregnant... led to terror but then we remembered the neighbors (the only ones for 6-8 miles) were up north this weekend too. Mind you it is dark and I, Laura, am not willing to seek help... Caleb went over to them once they got home around 10:30p. The neighbors were skeptical being that they have never seen anyone up at the cabin really and my husband has a long beard, sweatshirt with it's hood up, and a man coming "out of the woods" but luckily they agreed to jump it the following morning. It was totally Jesus helping His kiddos on this scenario. He is so good to us.

Week 35


  • We are to the point where length will not change much now but weight will. Hmm, I am thinking this is fun to think that I will have an 18in chunker on my hands. Seems tiny still though, eh?
  • A coconut of a cutie for this week's visual at about 5.5 pounds now. 
  • Gibby's ears are sensitive these days as high pitch noises can wake this being up from a slumber. 
  • We were listening to music and  baby LOVED to "dance" to it. Just precious.
  • Gibster's little hand made a debut this week pushing on ma's belly a couple times. It felt like the tiniest nudge I have felt. I almost cried in the name of love when I realized what was happening. 

----------

  • My uterus is 1,000 times as large as it normally is as of this week. Oh wait, did I write that correct. Oh, yup... what is this business of baby growing doing to my naturalness. Taking it for a ride on elasticity, that is all.
  • I still have to pack my hospital bag and finish with my birthing classes. Tomorrow I will get to that. Umm, right... I NEED to get to that.
  • My husband has informed me that I am now affecting his sleep pattern so I need to "go back to normal so I am fun again" and he can "get some needed sleep". Oh brother, my husband. If you only knew you are not comparable to change like I am. Oops, did I compare pregnancy apples to apples? Is that fair? TBD.


NEXT UP: To see my mom's new home and have a big baby shower for this lil squirt this upcoming weekend. I am so excited as I have not seen my love of a mother for 2 months. I am squealing a lil to think about hanging out for the weekend (and seeing the rest of the family of course).

1 comment:

  1. Whoa your tummy is looking bigger!! You're adorable! I can't wait to meet your little baby! 35 weeks feels so close to being done!

    ReplyDelete