Love

Love

Sunday, October 11, 2015

IA is for Family & Babies

So it is Sunday? I am a little behind in this game of week 34 but I made it through so we are doing just fine. This past weekend Caleb and I made the quick 6-hour trip to IA to visit our family and to celebrate this baby. It was a weird drive as contractions (fake) were present throughout the whole trip there. I only got worried after like hour three and then just went with it seeing that I was not in pain. We left a lil early so we were able to get to Beth's for dinner. When we got there, we were given a craft project that the twins made for us. It was a precious little paper and fabric masterpiece. Caleb's wrapping was even colored up nicely. Cypress made a 1 minute appearance before going to bed for the night. That girl is just the happiest, cooiest baby there is. She was all smiles and just goes to bed with no fuss. What a girl. The night ended with Pitch Perfect debut of Caleb and my life and we I enjoyed it a lot.
Just a moment captured by Beth.
We love each other.
Saturday began with snuggles and sprinkle muffins from the girls as well as getting ready for the shower. Beth and I were left with Cypress as the boys and twins went out for breakfast. It was nice talking with Beth and pinching Cypie's cheeks uninterrupted. The guests of the shower came for the party a little early and Tim/Carrie brought the babies after lunch so we had a lot of time hanging with family before the shower. It was so nice to just chat all day and not have a care in the world. I was spoiled rotten at the shower and this Gibster is getting pretty geared up for the debut. Let's not forget the four-wheeler fun, gun shooting, Pitch Perfect sequel, and family spaghetti dinner that was had. It is always chaos with my family but who doesn't love a little chaos.


The girls and Caleb decorating gma's
gift to baby Giblet.

Just my lil helpers. I love my nieces.

Don't mind the hippo...

Shower guests.

Uncles are for climbing on.

Boys on their toys.

The girls LOVED being "trapped"
in the box.

SIDE NOTE: The girls routine for bed was as follows ( I supervised): pjs in the living room, brushing (sort of) in the bathroom, books (normally 1 but they schemed me with 2), songs, prayers, and tuck in. Pretty normal. right? These girls wanted to read "top 10 stories of Bible" and Bernstein Bears (so stinking long) concluding with Jingle Bells and ABCs. There prayers were ultra precious and tucking in a little girl with three mandatory blankets is a process.

Week 34


  • We have a 5 pound baby that is the size of a Butternut Squash (more than 18 long). Big lil thang. 
  • Gibby is now recognizing songs and voices so we are listening to plenty of oldies and watching our oh-so-fowl language (um, yeah right). It is great to know that it can hear us and recognize us as ma and dad. 
--------
  • Less than two months left, peeps. It gets real as of now for me. I had my first official "I am not ready for this" cry-fest in the car on the ride home from work and I grunt constantly as I move. 
  • My belly button area has turned a different color and I am totally not into this change. I feel like things with my belly need to just stay normal and not do a Lisa Frank color change. Please and thank you. 
  • I now use the facilities on a VERY consistent basis and am getting irritated with the constant up and down I am being asked to do with this child. Does Gibs not understand I am barely able to do that these days. Be easy on the Ma, kiddo.

Next Up: Cabin Visit with Baby Gibby



No comments:

Post a Comment