Love

Love

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Work Weekend & Working Baby

I must say that this week was a little anti-climatic but I was able to visit my mom for the weekend to help her around the house. It was time for her to clean up the house and we offered to help. Caleb did far more than what was asked of him in the extreme heat from the weekend and I did just fine in my baby-carrying state in assisting inside the house. We grilled out with chicken one night and brats the next which was fun for Caleb and I seeing that we are not able to grill in Wausau unless we drive to a park or something. The food at mom’s is always good even though that most times it is just the basics. Something about being home and eating together makes the food taste so much better.

We went to the last concert in the park last night and it was a really great band that was young and reminded me of The Fray. Caleb and I have found a great, cheap pizza joint in town that we have gone to now twice. They have crazy flavors to their toppings and sell by the slice. It was perfect little snack for the Gibster.

Week 27


  • We got a Rutabaga on our hand for size comparison. I love rutabaga and I am not going to lie… this week I think I started to officially love my baby and have emotions about being a mom. Nervous, anxious, excited, motivated, etc. 
  • Size? About 14 inches long and over 2 pounds. :)
  • This little baby is working on lung capacity this week. Isn’t that just the cutest to think about… a little person just practicing for the real world? It is scary out here, Love, so just keep practicing for ma. 
---- -----
  • I am so tired these days from doing close to nothing. I hope that it changes but if not, I am hoping these thunder thighs and side chunks don’t grow too big while I sit on the couch and moan about being pregnant. 
  • My belly doesn’t fit into my t-shirts very well anymore which means I am putting away clothes for post-baby after each day practically. I am okay with this but I am attached to some staple items in my closet that I feel like I will miss dearly when I just want to be comfortable.
  • I can no longer slouch all day in my desk chair like a normally do because lil Gibby gives me a nudge of discomfort right under the ribs letting me know that there is some changes needed in my posture. Best wishes to me on a nasty habit to be altered for now.
  • The drive is getting annoying to work officially but I am keeping in mind that at the end of each drive is a reward (a paycheck or my loving husband’s company) which make my attitude change pretty well. 


I think I am getting close to third trimester so this is getting real, folks! See ya lata alla gayta.

No comments:

Post a Comment