Love

Love

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Parentals and Soon-to-be Parents

Hello, world!

Hmm, what did we do this week... We went out to eat on Friday with Caleb's co-worker and husband which was quite fun. They are our same age so they just finished master's programs as well. He is a dentist and she is a orthotist. We had fish fry obviously at a new restaurant in town, Thrive. After dinner, we went over to their place at the other side of town and play "Ticket to Ride". Caleb whooped the rest of us the whole game but then we didn't know a rule or two so Amy ended up winning by a point or two. Competitive Laura got internally frustrated that this happened but don't fear, mom, I was a good sport and didn't show the hosts they were in trouble.

Saturday came and baby sister Anna flew to Belguim for a whole year. We will miss her so but we know she will do great. LOVE YOU, ANNA! Mom and Dad Klinge dropped her off at the airport and then came to see our new place. It was great to have them in town and chat with Anna with them here. I think they are having a harder time of Anna being gone than Anna is. Ha! While they were here, we were able to go out to eat, go for a walk on the river walk, tour the downtown, visit a new church, and set-up hand-me-downs from my sisters. People, I got some quality stuff to use on this baby, be jealous. More details about that at a far later date when I premiere the nursery.

All in all, what a great weekend we had. Thanks for the visit, parentals!

Week 26


  • A head of lettuce, all curled up in there this week. We are talking about 14 inches long and a possible 2 pounds of baby I am carrying. Just sounds fun to me this week that I get to carry this kid for awhile still and it just keep growing. 
  • The eyes are SO close to being able to open and the pretty eyelashes of this one are fulling lashed.
  • Antibodies are the food of choice these days to get ready for outside-mama life and breaths are being taken to practice for this as well. Given now, it is amniotic fluids but still good practice for this oxygen we call the life juice.
---- -----
  • NOTE TO PHOTO: Please excuse the gross shape of my belly, I am going through a stage with this child that equals a belly that is not cute or appeasing. Just a lil brat in there making mom a lil-odd shaped.
  • No headache/migraines to mention. Thanks, Jesus!
  • Fatigue hit me yesterday after doing, well, not a whole lot at all. I didn't get tired during first trimester so I am hoping this was just a day and not a life change. 
  • I had my first miniature stress out when all this baby stuff came in my house and I started to imagine the being inside me to be coming out to be with us. I will be a good mom, I will be a good mom, I will be a good mom. 
  • I am also starting to think about all the hands on help I am going to need with the first couple weeks/months. Anyone want to start a sign-up sheet to come to my house and hold an infant while it's mom take a tiny break or two to take a breath of fresh air. Who ever does this will gain another jewel in heaven I am sure, I will talk to the big man for you. Who is first?

1 comment:

  1. SIGN ME UP! Although I'll still be half a country away from you when baby comes, and I'll be dealing with my own little squirt! I would TOTALLY come and hold both our kiddos while you went on break if I could. :(
    Also you WILL and already ARE a great mom Laura!!! :) I have no doubts that God has uniquely qualified you to be this little gibby's mommy! He will walk with you and guide you and Caleb as you all grow as a family!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete