Love

Love

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Corning Weekend

My mom has created a tradition starting this year of having a weekend getaway. She is really good at snatching fun ideas and inviting those to do vacations with her. Well this year we went all out, WI style. We went to the Packer/Seahawks game and also to Sheboygan, WI to the Blue Harbor Resort. If any of you have been to either of these places you know what this post is going to be about...FUN, FUN, FUN!

We met my mom in Wis Dells on Friday morning to do the drive with the family (My mom, grandma, bro/cousin Ezra, Caleb and me). We took the route that mom and I are obesessed with. It is a drive through where my mom grew up, where my grandma has lived for many seasons of her life, and through cutsie towns that have cutsie shops. If any of you get the chance to go through Briggsville or Princeton, WI... let me know. I will go with you, ha! Needless to say, we all got something at some point of this trip. Hardship USA was when I elected Caleb to drive and we ran into 2 hours worth of standstill traffic. We were pumped to eat at the stadium (in their restaurant) but did not have enough time. We were pumped to park far away so that we didnt have to drop a load of cash for parking but we did not have enough time. We did however see kick off and we did however have photos to share regarding this fun event we had at Lambeau Field. Please enjoy....


74,000 people in attendance.

"Stand up for the Green Bay Packers", NO THANK YOU!

Secret Bears Fan (He never took off his grey shirt)

Love me some Packer Time


52 Shades of Clay

My precious grandma in the stands...

Ezra just hating his time in a sport's arena.

Don't worry, Caleb was paying attention to the Bears too.

After the game we had the 2 hour car ride to a different city on the water, Sheboygan. We got to the resort, marveled at its massiveness and then went to bed ASAP. When we awoke, my mom and I were the first ones up. We went to the balcony and this is what we say....



We were so content with this scene that we stayed out there for hours just chatting and enjoying Jesus beauty. The resort has great little shops nearby and also walking on the beach... we participated in both. Ha.







My time with my family was great and I enjoyed every part of it. Learning from generations above (and below) me is fantastic but being able to make memories with them is something that is a constant blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Packers lost by the way.

    Bears won, but who is keeping track. oh wait, i am! boom!

    ReplyDelete