Love

Love

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Personal Shower Briefs (play on words)

My mother would be mortified if I actually wrote about the details of the event so I will be very "G". Your welcome, Mom.

Last week I was blessed to have 9 of my closest friends all in one room for the night. The night started with prep and Kate feeding the rest of us leftovers that Kyle did not take to work to eat. She has always been that girl to be the provider for the girl squad. We made a romantic picnic on the floor and ate tacos and hummus. I got very antsy and deicded running around the table like a twelve year old would suffice for the waiting period. Lame? Who cares.The first guest did not come until 5 minutes to 7 and I was getting very nervous that no one would come even though the host said nine replied yes. Do you ever get that feeling that no one will come to your party, just like in the tween movies we all used to watch? I do. Bad dream you never want to come true.

The party had started in full swing. We met at Kate's as we ate and chatted our hearts content. We laughed a lot and I loved every second of that. I don't think I have enjoyed myself that much for a long time. My friend Ash put all the gifts and decor together as Kate and Sarah Beth did all the cooking and prepping. I felt truly blessed to be loved from so many people. We met for a whopping 2 hours as we played games and such.

We played the "how well do you know the bride?" game and I must say... Caleb and I know each other pretty well. Go figure after 4.5 years. Obviously Caleb and I discussed the questions we got wrong to make sure the other person was aware of the right answers for next time.

This was my first shower so the anticipation was skyrocketed all day at work. I was not disappointed either. Thanks ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment