Love

Love

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Altar Decor -- This is my mom's finding and my loving

First of all, I failed you as I have not written last week and hardly made it this week on Tuesdays but I will choose not to do it again. I promise? We will go week by week on that promise.

ANYWAYS.......
We, my mom and I, were having a hard time figuring out what to do with the front of the church to make it feel smaller. As you may have seen in a previous post ("wedding ceremony"), there is a larger "stage" area in my home church. My mom found this great image in Bridal Guide:




Beautiful, no?

Well, now picture lace and organza intertwined on the ceiling above the front of the stage and that glassish garland drapping down enough so that it is visible but not enough to get in the way. Can you picture it?

Well if you can't... my wedding is 147 days away. EEK! Come see it for yourself.

As for the stage... mom and I are thinking to LOAD it with vintage trinkets and things to make it feel homey but still go with the theme of the wedding. We will be adding flowers to one of the aisles and then the opposite aisle will be decorated TBD. I love the fabric drape idea from row to row but we shall see.

That is all I know for decor thus far. Please stayed tuned as I feel like I will have more up my sleeve so soon.

2 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna will love your vintage trinkets idea. How does Caleb feel about all this, Laura? Oh, I forgot! It doesn't matter, does it Caleb? (good call, Caleb).

    :)

    Dad (the other dad)

    ReplyDelete