Love

Love

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our Engagement: From Her Perspective

I studied abroad in Spain from Sept-December 2011 and so my day was just a normal Tuesday school day except instead of staying home to eat dinner, my friends and I decided to go on a picnic by the river. I was all about this and I made sure I had a dinner packed by my "mom" and we met by the Hospital to all walk together. We really took a long time getting to the spot and the location of the picnic seemed to change a few times but I thought nothing of it. We made a few stops on the way and eventually got to the bridge. When we arrived at the bridge, there was a homeless lady looking for spare change and so my friend and I decided to give one of our sandwiches to the homeless lady and I was talking to her as my friend walked away. As I turned to catch up with the girls, I got a tap on my shoulder. A man's voice said, "Hey, Laura." I immediately went into escpae mode and started to walk faster. There was another tap on my shoulder but the man now said, "Laura, It's Caleb." I took a brief mental confusion break and then turned to see my bf just standing there bright eyed and covered in a huge smile. I was dazzed at this sight and so I just hugged him and processed this moment. We hugged until it got awkward for everyone except us and then I looked at him while holding our arms out and said, "What's next?" He immediately looked at me saying, "Well..." and got down on one knee. "Te casaria conmigo?" (Will you marry me in spanish), I SCREAMED and I am not lying "Shut up, shut the front door! Are you serious? Right here, right now? Yes!!!" I took the ring out of the box and put it on my finger. The rest is small facts but we left the group and went to a local diner-type place and ate Spanish food and talked and laughed and acted as if we were just two peas in a pod. It was a normal Caleb and Laura night filled with laughter and just being next to eachother.

4 comments:

  1. Presh! I love how cute and to-the-point your side of the story is!!

    So... Caleb's is more fidgety and twitchy, right? Are all boys nervous about proposals?

    Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!!! Thanks for writing it down so we can smile with you! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete