Love

Love

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How We Met: From Her Perspective

Caleb and I met shortly before Thanksgiving in a class that we had taken all semester. I had seen him sit two rows and two seats back from me but had never really given him a second look. One day after our 7:50a class, Caleb and two others excluding myself were talking after class about the assignment we were given and also the dynamics of personality our teacher had. Caleb had asked me if I would help him with the assignment sometime the following night to "make sure he understood it". I agreed because obviously I knew exactly what I was doing. (Did I mention I came into NWC with the mindset that I knew all and everyone THOUGHT I was God's greatest gift?) Shy, awkward Caleb came to my dorm room that following night as I had instructed him to do and did not converse to the least and strictly focused on the assignment at hand. I thought nothing of it because I really thought this was what he came to do. We finished and he left with a decent goodbye and a confirmation to do this again as I gave him my phone number incase he had any other questions. A few days later I was sitting down with a unnamed person as they brought up the fact that a certain Caleb Klinge was very interested in me and wanted to know my feelings for him.
My first reaction was a laugh and a thought to where I would have ever thought that from his interactions with me. But, because I wanted to go on a date, I thought "why, not". I text Caleb pretty much immediately to let him know I was in on the secret and his cover was blown. We "text flirt" for a good two days and one night a week later, Caleb left abruptly and this was normal so I thought it was just another assignment finished with a little flirting involved. Five minutes later, I got a text from him asking if lunch would be a good idea for us to go to Applebee's. I giggled and text back an agreement text. The date was fairly awkward and the conversation was a little sparse as the main attraction was playing paper football for a good 30 minutes. That was four years ago now and the rest is full of lasting love and a lot of growing up we did together and apart but in the end, I am fully confident without those things we would be the dynamic couple we are today.

2 comments:

  1. aww, so cute to hear it from your perspective! and i love the 'text flirting' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute to hear how similar your early Klinge-boy encounter was to mine.... (minus the texting... wasn't a big deal WAY back then!)
    Personally, I love a challenge, so we gave dating a shot! Getting my Klinge boy to open up was fun, frustrating, and fantastic!

    Thanks for sharing!!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete