Love

Love

Friday, April 1, 2016

Week 18 in Review: Jesus & New Beginnings

Happy Easter a lil late, folks. I hope you were able to see family and spend some time listening to what Jesus has done for you and your dirty lil sins. They gotta leave your life, so work on that. 

Caleb loves holidays to one, see family and two, make pies for those who are in said family. This year: Mixed Berry Pie. Okay, it was so delicious. It was truly so yummy. The berries chosen were blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. We have a secret ingredient that I will not be sharing with you but oh goodness, it was totally utilized and oh so scrumptious. Doesn't it look like you need a piece?


Rollie had a new round of firsts again last weekend: Easter basket, egg hunt, and grandma even got him an outfit to wear. Isn't he so cute?!?! Sometimes dad literally eats him up and that is essentially what I wanted to do when I saw him like this:

 My mom is selling her condo currently so this could very well be the last holiday in the condo. This being said, Rollie and I went on Wednesday night to help mom on Thursday and Friday clean out the cupboards and do final decorations before the showings start. It felt right but I will be so bummed when it sells, I just know it.
Great Grandma got him a book and a
rubber ducky.

Finally, a nice picture of all of us three
in one picture.
 When we returned from being away for 5 days, it took a whole day for Rollie and I to get back to a routine of sleep, feeding, and getting unstimulated. The things I am learning as a new mom will never end but add this to the list: Rollie Paul does great away from home but sometimes it is too long to be away in order for Rollie to be happy. I am sorry, lil buddy, being gone every weekemd is just too much isn't it? We have no plans for this weekend and I think Rollie is the most excited about this news.

On Monday and Tuesday, we went for walks around the neighborhood and it was so great to get out. Mom made some questionable clothing decisions but without a spring coat, what is a momma to do?
Rollie questioning mom's decision to put
his socks on where they do not belong.

Rollie's new carseat toy. He LOVES to hold
it while we drive or walk. Presh!
 And then we get to Wednesday and Thursday of this week. This lil momma started her new job and that lil boy started time at his second home, my friend Marta's. This was the hardest thing I did in parenting yet, I have no idea how mommas do it everyday. I cried and cried and cried on Wednesday. I had no reason to other than I missed my baby so much and I was coming to terms that this is reality. Rollie had a great first two days and momma is way tired and overwhelmed with new information. My orientation was in Green Bay (2 hours away) so I stayed over night and had my first night away from my boys. To be honest, it was so great sleeping through the night and not having one ear open to hear for Rollie and for me to have the entire bed to myself. They had a jacuzzi that I sat in for awhile but to sit in a hot tub by yourself wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.
Rollie's first day of daycare. 3.30.16
 Each morning I received a woke-up call from my boy via photo and these were the two I received. It made my day.


While I was in the area, my dad was buried in Oshkosh at his family plot so I paid him a visit. I do not believe in my faith that my dad is lying there but is with Jesus so it didn't sadden me that it had been a year since I was last there but I had a heck of a time trying to find his stone. Woof, that Riverside Cemetery is super huge. I need to remember there is a tree with an "8" nailed onto it and his street is St. Vincent. Okay, now that I wrote it down, I hope to remember next time. 

I got weepy when I was there due to not seeing my dad's name really anywhere any longer. I miss him so much and I am going to bring Rollie to this place when he is old enough to understand that his first grandpa isn't here anymore. Weird thought but it is all well. 


49 years young
 When I arrived home last night, my son was not overly excited to see me but was very willing to snuggle with me all night so I embraced all that had to offer. Yes, my son is in his diaper. Something about that feeling for this boy and he feels most comfortable. I have a feeling I will have naked baby syndrome in this house for a long while as he grows. Embrace them for how they represent themselves and be proud of that kid.


 While I was gone, Caleb finished up on this project below. It is a mold of Rollie's foot and fist when he was a month old. I think it is so cool that Caleb's co-workers had this idea to do this for us so we will remember Rollie when he was little and how much he has grown. It is something we will cherish forever. They are sitting in Caleb's old baseball case that used to house two signed baseballs. How times have changed, now Caleb cherishes his son over those two balls. What a symbol of life changes.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Ken and I always enjoy reading the updates on your family. Rollie is so cute and has gotten so big so fast, where did that time go.

    ReplyDelete