Love

Love

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chicago Fests and Baby Gibby

Well that was fun. Thank you all for reading my blog last week and supporting us in this exciting time of our lives. We have not been up to a ton in the last seven days. My mom did come down for the weekend to have "one last hurrah" in Chicago. It is ALWAYS fantastic to have my mom in town or to just be with my mom. She is kinda my favorite lady around. The night before mom came, Caleb and I went to Ribfest in our neighborhood along with like a thousand other people and ate ribs until we needed to roll home. It was great to be out on such a great night and to take part in an event that a good amount of Chicago enjoys as well. Please enjoy these shots...





 Mom came into town the next morning and we shopped (of course) and attended the Midsommars Festival, a Swedish festival in Andersonville (our favorite neighborhood). The festival was quite fun but the there was not a lot to experience if you weren't into signing up for local activities or eating. Oh well, I did find a band that was performing called "The Shades" @wetheshades. I think I will go to one of their shows before we leave. All in all, we all had a great weekend.


Week 18

  • It is about five and a half inches long and still under a half of a pound. The size of a Sweet Potato.
  • Baby is yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing... this is mind blowing to me as I still cannot believe I am growing a human that is developing without me really doing anything.
  • Baby is twisting, rolling, punching and kicking, too but I cannot feel it yet
  • I heard it's heart beat at my appointment this week and it was so reassuring to know it is doing okay and is still pumping blood through it's lil body. I miss it already as I feel the ultrasound, heart check, and kicks/nudges/jabs (later on) are the only way of communicating until Turkey Time. 
--------     --------
  • I am getting monster headaches in the second trimester but yesterday was one for the books. I was knocked bad for a good 14 hours with a migraine. I SELDOM take meds for any purpose but when I get a migraine I am all about the Ibuprofen. My babes cannot handle that stuff so I am left with roughing it and taking an extremely low dose of Tylenol. Peeps, life is never over until its over but I would have liked to freeze life and sit those moments out to not be in that pain and vomit-fest. Delivery will be a rude awaken I am guessing for this lil whiner.
  • I only did okay in the heat this weekend as I was anti-prego clothes. On Sunday night I did splurge and order some clothes on Old Navy and Gap to see how they look, yup I caved... oh well. 
That's all, folks. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment