Love

Love

Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 4 in Review: ONE MONTH OLD!

Rollie made it, he is officially one month old and his momma is so proud of him. Peeps, I love him so much. He makes me so happy. We had a big week of visiting those that are in town for the holiday season so Rollie was tested in the car. Result: he did pretty well. He does get quite lonely in the back seat by himself but he copes well with his sound machine. Have I told you all of the sound machine addict that I have on my hands. My lil stinker doesn't care for a pacifier, a snuggly blanket, or anything when he goes to bed. All he cares about is the soothing streams of "mountain rain" and "endless waves" from the iTunes store. He doesn't fall asleep without it regardless of where he is or what else is going on. In hindsight, this will be great if it continues as I will not need to rid him of anything but if I forget that lil machine of his, I have no idea what I would do. Back to my friend visits I had... I met a BFF in Eau Claire, WI on two separate occasions as well as one visit in Stevens Point. My friend Sarah and I met up after a LONG time of not seeing each other (okay, just 4 months but still a long while for us.) to do a little Christmas shopping and indoor walking at the mall. I am so thankful for the time I had with her and how we were really able to catch up. It was a success and Rollie did great in the ergo while we just kept walking but it was certainly a tag team experience. I never registered before baby that there are things like going the the bathroom while shopping that a baby can certainly get in the way of as well as eating lunch with a baby strapped to your chest.
She is just the prettiest I feel.
On the way home from visiting with Sarah, my HS bff called and wanted to meet Rollie that same day. I was able to manipulate Rollie's feeding and sleep schedule for it to work perfectly. The thing about Hannah is that I will ALWAYS make time to see her if she is in town because she lives in SC on the east coast. Her mom came with her who is like my second mother so we had a great visit and Rollie learned how to be held for two hours without sleeping. The ergo infant insert is a lifesaver for Rollie because he came be snugged into that cushy thing and just look around. It was great to reminisce about the times past and introduce them to Rollie. 
I am convinced we will ALWAYS be
friends.
On Wednesday, Rollie and I went back to Eau Claire to see Bek, who lives in AZ right now, and I was able to meet her new baby, Abe. It is crazy to think that in my inner circle of 8 friends,  4 of us have had a baby in the year 2015. They will all be friends or spouses before we know it. When we met up, there were many people who cooed at our babies and told us of there lil ones that they had. People are so personable when it comes to babies, am I right? I am very much looking forward to her being back in MN this February for several weeks so I can squeeze her thunder-thigh baby more. 
5 months of chunk.

Selfie with babies!
I decided at my shower with the Klinges that I wanted to do a photo for each month of Rollie's first year. My SIL, Carrie, already had bibs for people to decorate at this shower so it worked out perfectly. There are two giraffe stuffed animals that I want to use for size comparison purposes so for now, I will use both, and cycle one out eventually. The orange one is Caleb's from when he was growing up, Jerusalem. The other one my mom purchased at a craft fair and his name is Geoffrey. My son is just the cutest, no?
What a big boy!

I feel like Rollie is smiling in this picture.
Am I just wishful thinking?


Next up: Christmas time with Rollie.

No comments:

Post a Comment