Love

Love

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Memorial Day: 10mi and Relaxation

For our memorial day three day weekend, Caleb and I stayed home. For me, this was my first memorial day not at the cabin since I think I was one year old. It is different now that grandpa won't be there. To be honest, I went the last few years so that I could be with him. Sometimes family dynamics can get a little rough, no?

Caleb had been training for his 10 mile run for like 8 weeks and it finally got here. He ran just fine and LOVED finishing on the 50 yard line of Solider Field here in Chicago. I have to be honest though, I did not see him running from the start line nor finishing the race at the field. I was there both of the times but I was blinded to him. Shucks. There are some great pics of him crossing the finish line though. Please look below.


We also just relaxed while we were home, it felt great. We walked to the Lake and just walked and walked. We had a hot dog cookout at a park and even went to Nate and Kelly's for a bonfire/grill out too. Something about having nothing to do is the best thing to do every so often.

Here are our photos of the weekend.











No comments:

Post a Comment