Love

Love

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Moving... ICKish But Kinda Fun.

Well folks, we moved... we moved over New Year's. Some spend it getting tossed and some choose to pack and move in subzero temperatures. We chose the later. Caleb did most the loading of the truck and I did most of the "helping" role (what I am best at!). 

Moving means taking things apart before
packing them away.
We made a pile of boxes in a corner.
I think it worked out nice.
Man, moving in your mind seems to go far smoother than reality, am I right? Sheesh, we stuffed last minute things into our truck/car and luckily we made in all fit. Caleb said that he is not proud of the packing job but I thought it was great. After lack of sleep, we woke early on New Year's Eve and got to work. We cleaned for about two hours and the inspection lasted for about two minutes. Needless to say, we did not need to clean ANYTHING. Dang, son! Oh well, I learned how to clean a shower/tub for the first time. Thank you past roommates for doing that AWFUL job for me in the past. I did not appreciate that but did find that the "Magic Eraser, Bathroom Edition" works with no hard scrubbing whatsoever. I recommend it to all people regardless if we are talking cleaning or not. I am hooked on that thing and swear it is the best option. 

Our empty MN home. Golly, I miss this place.
In other news, we were going to go all the way in one day but a snow storm got in our way so we did end up stopping in the Dells for a pitstop. We already reflected on leaving our lives but man, I let out a few cycles of tears on our way to the pit stop. It is sad thinking of the future without your peeps in your perimeter for awhile, pheww. 

ANYWAYS! For New Year's we watched "The Prisoners" with Hugh Jackman. It was such a suspense to watch that sucker. I have not chosen to watch such a movie in a long while. I remember why know, there was a lot of moments I did not appreciate and needed to hide. We stayed up until 12:15AM and then hit the bed, I was the only one awake up until midnight, Caleb was so tired. We woke in the morning and rushed to Perkins for a filling meal and then we were off again. 

Us with our moving truck. 
Perkins pic! My mom loved my "gnome dome" on my head.
The snow started at about Madison (45 min into the journey) and never stopped until two days later. It is awful to caravan in the snow and then to unload a UHaul immediately after. Our AWESOME bro, sis, and nephew solely helped us move ALL our things and we may have worked hard but I really appreciated the time spent with them. There was some points of wondering if it was all going to fit or even if the sofa would fit into the house but in the end, it all worked out.  Thank you to those that helped in mind, body, and spirit. You are not ignored, we needed it all. Please enjoy the transition of our new home, from boxes to beauty:

There were SO many boxes... Guh.

Chaos.

Ikea took a lot of our money but in
exchange, we got cute stuff!

Hanging photos is my favorite thing, Caleb's least fave.

Here is the tour of our home... we think it is quite nice. We hope you do too.

So you walk down these stairs to get to us. This is
personal stairs with a locked door on top of them.
We have our very own foyer.

In the back of the big room, we transitioned it into an office
 to do school work and... drink whiskey from his decanter.

Our TV area and common room. this is the view from our
front door.

To the right of the front door is a huge
storage closet. Back is for storage, front
is my personal closet.

Caleb's closet is in our bedroom. Our bed takes more than
half the room, yes. We love our huge bed.

This is our kitchen. We think our kitchen is the best part.
It is just so much room and not cluttered at all.

This is our bathroom. Small but who needs to hang out in
the bathroom? Not me or anyone else, thank you.

We also are able to have free laundry in
a storage area for the whole complex.
We are very blessed by this.


 And there you have it. We live in Chicago for sure now, we have nails in the wall. That counts as being settled in. We miss you but really are pumped to be here and indulge in this adventure!








No comments:

Post a Comment