Love

Love

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Grad School Scholar: Caleb Karl


 My husband reminded me that I have not done this post... crap, he is right. There was a very valid reason why we moved here and this is the reason:
Husband on the school (city) bus headed
towards his first day of school.
01.08.14
I stayed home that day waiting for employment to find me. It did that day and SIDE NOTE, I am working for Ameriprise Financial 3 miles from my house (Thank you, Jesus.) Caleb and I had two days of unexpected time together, due to the -50 weather, so we soaked it up and made the best of being stuck inside. 
Caleb's front door of his school. 
I asked him to send me a picture from class and this is what he sent me. I am super jealous that this is his view.
He is right downtown!

This week was Caleb's third week in school and he is doing awesome. He pretty much makes the best orthoses in his class and also has gotten phenomenal scores (2 perfects) on his tests. I could not be more proud of my baby and all that he has accomplished so far. 

This is a foot orthosis... foot insert to the general public.

This is a Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis,
but I'm sure you knew that already!


In other news... Caleb got rid of his facial masterpiece. I did document the process and some out there (Beth @sawdustandebyros) are waiting patiently to see the end result. Here we are in photos from start to finish.

Before...

In the process...

I wish this would have stayed. Serious.

Taking off the last pieces.

This bowl is about the size of a chip bowl.
A lot of hair came off.

Nervous for the final look.

After... like 2 weeks ago but still.





1 comment:

  1. Haaaaaaaaahaha! OMG! The fu-manchu is just too much for me. Nick is devastated that you didn't keep it that way. SO MUCH HAIR! :)

    ReplyDelete