Love

Love

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reflection of Our Time in Mpls/St. Paul

We leave on 12.31.13. Sheesh, time flies when you have such an adventure ahead of you. For those that I have not mentioned to, Caleb is getting smarter these days as he pursues a Masters in Prosthetics/Orthodics at Northwestern University in Downtown Chicago. He has been doing double duty the last 6 months from working 40 hours and then committing 20+ hours a week to do online classes. Starting on January 6th, Caleb will go to the the old 'Playboy Building' to learn with others in a classroom setting. How long will we be gone? Well, honestly, maybe forever. We do not know but for those that hate that idea, we will be back the soonest in July of 2015. Not too long, right? (that is to all our besties who dread us leaving.)

Reflection on leaving:
Caleb arrived to this scandinavian land in August of 2006 and really never left other that for visits. I have been here on a off, depending on the school season, since August of 2007.  For both of us, this is our home. This is what we know life to look like. Our friends are here and this is where our family labels us being from. Caleb remembers the year without me being here as dreadful (right, hunny?) but refreshing to be away from home. I remember the first year of me being here with nothing but Caleb being in my life. We have had our first date at Applebee's playing paper football and not communicating unless things got TOO awkward. We have experienced Arden Hall at seperate times but some of the best of times. We have our first apartment here together that we love. We have celebrated life together countless times as we experience this city more and more.

We have had the best times with the friends that we have met. Caleb claims he will never find anymore friends because he already has his friends. "Why find more if I like what I got?" He tells me about leaving his friends. My friends? I rather not bring it up due to my tears forming but they are the best of the best too. I love meeting new people but leaving my friends is the only hesitation of getting my house put into boxes.

Why are we pumped to leave in lieu of all these memories and people? Well, Caleb and I are obsessed with adventures, especially adventures together. We get to pick up our life we love and move it to a place we both really love. I love Chicago due to family (multiple household) being within an hour of me and the many trips my mom has taken me on to the Magnificent Mile and beyond. Caleb loves it for his nephew, Miles, yes BUT he really is looking forward to going to all the Bears games his little allowance will allow him. My boy is obsessed with those muscular monster men of the Midway. We will honestly enjoy our moments we share in Chicago and we are not ruling out staying there for awhile if Caleb is able to find a job. We never rule anything out until that door closes.

Please enjoy memories of MSP as seen by photos:

Our memories:










Laura's Memories:        








Caleb's Memories:




















1 comment: