Love

Love

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Running. We are not fans but we did it again.

So... Caleb and I ran a 5k. Not a big deal to some of you, a huge feat for us. Our church, Evergreen Bloomington, takes part in the "Fill Your Plate" run around Lake Calhoun here in Minneapolis on June 15.

This is our second year and we still didn't "train" like we knew we needed to. We ran the first 1.5 miles together and then I walked the hill as Caleb continued running. Caleb continued to conquer as I did a decent run/walk. I, personally, have not been that tired in.... a literal year (since last time I did the race). As you see in the photos, I had a red face... for like 2 hours still after the race. We are proud of ourselves for finishing the race and we happened to beat our times from last year. (At least we had that going for us.) It is always a competition for us against those around us so when Caleb told me as I was about to cross the finish line to "beat those girls", I sprinted and crossed the finish line just as they were thinking the race was over. I do not feel bad but I could not look them in the eyes after the race as they walked near me. If you think that is dirty, it is BUT sometimes you just gotta finish hard, right?

Please enjoy our photos we took and others that we are borrowing from the photographer. HeHe.

Isn't she precious? Yeah, we don't know her.
HOTTIE, Wow baby.

Just struggling. That is all I did.

He loves me so.

Pumped we finished and that the race is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment