Love

Love

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Update Central. Everything is starting to look like a for serious wedding!

We are in the double digits people, I hear time flies by now. I am stressing on timing, I think.

·         Caleb and I went home this weekend to Wis Dells and tried to figure out more details for the wedding. Here is where we got:
o   The invitations to my WI wedding shower will be sent by NEXT Friday. I love them so much. Bestie Hannah and I are masterminds.
o   Invitations for the wedding will be going through drafts within the next couple weeks and sent out BY September 7th, 2012. This is a big deal. We have the design and layout finished, just all the pieces need to come together.
o   Mom and I finished the “vision board” so that all the vendors really get a feel for what our wedding looks like in our heads. We went through many, many magazines to get the perfect combination
o   I know what my makeup and hair needs to look like. My hair is growing but not fast enough… I am very nervous.  
§  My cousin is doing all the hair for the girls and I cannot wait because she is like the nicest person and I know will do a perfect job.
o    We know what 1/3 of the décor will look like in the church and 2/3 of the décor in the reception hall

·         All the bridesmaids now have their dresses. HOORAY! All but two are perfect for the people and the other two dresses were a mistake on the bridal store so we are ALL good. I am pumped for them to all stand next to me. They look so presh individually, peeps. I love my bmaids.

·         I ordered the material for the flower girl dresses last week and it should be in by next weekend so I am pumped to pick that up and drop that off to my Kathy mom in a few weeks in IA.

·         I got a “paper boy” hat for Miles, the ring bearer, to wear down the aisle. It is SO great. Blue and white striped, couldn’t be more perfect.

·         My wedding band is done and I have it in my possession. It is the most unique thing I have ever seen eyes on. Personal fluff of feathers: I did a great job designing it. Caleb and I LOVE it.

·         I looked on www.theknot.com and saw ALL the things I need to get done still. I am really needing to set time aside each day to plan things out.
o   First on the list: wedding music to musicians and singers. Piece of cake, right?
Until next week.... find me skeleton keys, please.

4 comments:

  1. Wow... this is real! (REAL EXCITING!!)
    The more details you spill, the more my anticipation grows! I cannot wait until October!

    (well, except that it means my baby will be 4 years old..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh little sister, we went to an auction tonight, and there was a HUGE tin full of skeleton keys. I said to Nick, "we HAVE to get that for Laura!" BUTTTTTTTTTT... that darn thing went for like 60 BUCKS! I was so mad! Everything else was going for just a couple bucks. Sonuva...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it is getting so close--though that makes stress levels go a little higher for you! So excited! I love the thought of having you as an official sister so soon. :) I don't go to many good places for keys, but I'm still keeping my eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checking out our local sources...

    ReplyDelete