Love

Love

Friday, August 5, 2016

Week 36: Trip to see family and take photos

We were off this past weekend to the corn and family of IA. I was worried for my son and the long journey but he did GREAT! I just cannot put my mind around how flexible my son has been so far in his life to just tag along in this chaos of a life Caleb and I choose to live. It is a 5.5 hour drive to this location and we just made it work.

First Stop: Great Grandma Gertrude's in Dubuque.

People, this grandma loved her time with this fourth generation german. She had a stroke a few years ago so she hasn't been herself completely since and we weren't sure how she would do with a happy-screaming baby in her small apartment but she loved him there and played with him the whole time. What a memory for us to remind Rollie of when he gets older.



Second and final step was family time in the country. We gave Kathy and Paul a family portrait session for Christmas last year so we all got together last weekend to take the photos. It was quite fun.


 Unfortunately for Rollie, he had a spill. Please see the photo sequence:


It really was no ones fault as Rollie was reaching for me (10ft away) and just fell forward. He had a nice lil scrape on his nose post fall as the nose was the first thing to hit the ground.
Poor Kid

 It was great seeing all family folk.

Wednesday we had a child care change-up and Rollie came to work with me for most the day. It won't happen again as this momma had to hold the babes while researching projects for her crew BUT I am glad to have this memory in my pocket for future reference. Maybe not never but not anytime soon, let's put it that way.
Rollie at work watching the cars
from the countertop.

No comments:

Post a Comment